To ship packages internationally using UPS, you must create a new Shipping Method. First, make sure UPS is set up as one of your Carrier Accounts in Cohub. If it’s not, click here for instructions on how to do this. If it is set up, follow these steps:
- Click "Settings," which is located in the sidebar.
- Choose "Shipping Methods."
- Click “New Shipping Method.”
- Select “UPS” as the Carrier Account.
- Choose a Service Level that ships internationally.
NOTE: The UPS Service Levels that can be used to ship packages internationally include:
- Express (Delivery typically by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon)
- Express Plus (Delivery typically by 8:30 a.m. or 9:00 a.m)
- Expedited (Delivery by end of day)
- Saver (Delivery by end of day)
- Standard (Delivery by end of day. *Can only be used when shipping between the U.S. and Canada and between the U.S. and Mexico, excluding Alaska and Hawaii*)
If you have set up your Shipping Methods but are not seeing shipping rates for a particular order, check out our Shipping Method Troubleshooting article.