These printers are notorious for losing power from with computers when the computer goes to sleep. As a result, the printer can lose connection with the printer and stop printing barcode labels on demand.
If there are no blinking lights on the printer, try these steps in order.
- Turn the printer off and back on. This often re-establish the lost connection.
- Open the Cohub Desktop App, select "None" in the dropdown for barcode label printer, hit the "refresh devices" button, then re-select the Zebra.
- Remove the USB cable from the back of the Zebra and from the port on the computer.
- Follow steps in Round 1 again.
- Open your computer's printer settings and remove the printer from the list of printers on your computer.
- Re-install the printer, and make sure you use the "Zebra EPL2" driver.
Print a test page to the printer. Here are instructions for Mac: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166363&actp=RSS
If the test print fails, there is a problem with the printer setup on the computer. If it passes, try to print barcodes again from Cohub.
If you've tried all of these steps and it still doesn't work -- please contact Cohub and we will do our best to help!