- If you're still on the Sales Order screen, great! We can create a return from here. If not, find the Sales Order in the list of previous transactions and pull it up.
- Press the "Create a Return" button in the bottom right corner.
- All items from the order will automatically appear on the return -- adjust/remove as necessary. If you just need to remove specific items from the order, put only those on the return. If you need to cancel/refund the entire order, leave as is.
- When everything looks correct, select "Finalize Return" at the bottom right.
- Next, a window will pop up and allow you to select where you would like to apply the refund-- you can send it to the original payment method on the order, or you can add the amount to a gift card.
- On the next screen, you enter the amount you would like to refund to the selected destination. Enter either a partial amount or the full amount of the return (shown at the top of the window).
- You should see a green success message at the top of the screen, and if you refunded the total amount, you will see the Return now has a "Completed Return for Order ####" header. If there is a remaining amount to refund, you can choose "Issue a Refund" and repeat Steps 5-6.
- If you still have the Sales Order screen open, you're good to go. If not, find the Sales Order from the list of Previous Transactions via the button in the left-hand menu.
- Click "Return Items" at the top of the Sales Order screen.
- All items from the order will automatically appear on the return -- adjust/remove as necessary. You can also adjust prices/add a restocking fee at this time. If you just need to remove specific items from the order, put only those on the return. If you need to cancel/refund the entire order, leave as is.
- When everything looks correct, click "Create Return" to the right.
- On the modal that appears, you enter the amount you would like to refund to the original payment method. Enter either a partial amount or the full amount of the return (shown at the top left). If you do not want to issue a refund, there is also an option to do so here. When amount is correct, click "Refund Customer".
- The view should return to the Sales Order screen and you should see your return listed at the bottom of the screen. You can print a return receipt from here.
- Pull up the sales order, by searching for the order number or locating it in the activity feed/recent sales orders and clicking the link.
- Scroll down and click on "New Return".
- Add any items you need to remove from the order/refund, or add all items for a total refund. Choose the "Refund Total to Customer" option under Refund on the right side of the page.
- When all items and totals appear correct, click the "Save" button. This will take you back to the Sales Order screen. You should now see the return you just created under the "Returns" section below the order details. Also verify that the refund appears under the listed order transactions.