Connecting Socket Mobile Bluetooth Scanners (Apple iOS)
In addition to your iPhone's camera, you can read barcodes with an external Socket Mobile D700 or S700 series scanner.
- Reset the scanner -- Press the small button to power the scanner on. Wait about 5 seconds.
- Press and hold the big button (the scanner button), then press and hold the small button until you hear three descending tones. The scanner will power off.
- Power the scanner back on.
- Scan the barcode to set the scanner to "application mode". Here is a document containing all the Socket Mobile Scanner Command Barcodes.
- Connect the scanner to your iOS device -- Go to Settings and Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth, if it's not on already.
- Under Other Devices, select the "Socket ___" device.
- Return to the Cohub Inventory app, select the menu icon, and "Connect Scanner".
- If you see the scanner you just setup, you're good to go.
You can also download the Socket Mobile Companion App for a walkthrough on how to connect a Scanner to your device. Available here for the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.