A customer is an individual or company that pays you in exchange for goods or services. Cohub allows these individuals or companies to check out as Customers or Guests. A Customer has an account number, order history, stored credit cards, marketing preferences, and the ability to be set up for invoicing, wholesale, terms, special pricing, and tax exemption. A shopper that checks out as a guest can place an order quickly, but gets none of the benefits of being a Customer.
How to Create A Customer
A Customer can be created from the Cohub Admin, from a Sales Order form, or from your website.
In the Admin, go to the Customers section in the left navigation sidebar and click the “New Customer” button to create a new customer.
From a Sales Order, you will see options to add or create a customer in the Add Customer section:
Admin Sales Order Form:
Desktop POS Sales Order Form:
iPad POS Sales Order Form:
A customer can also be created directly by a person setting up an account on your website.
Example Website Form:
Benefits of being a Customer:
- Order History - View previous order history
- Carts - A customer's pending/unfinished sales orders. A customer uses a cart to store items they are thinking about purchasing while browsing your web store. Although a customer only uses one cart while browsing, they can have many carts from prior sessions. The primary cart is the last cart that was updated on their account. Carts can be "promoted" from Cohub to set a different one as the "Primary" cart, and this will be what the customer will see when they log into their account on the web store.
- Saved Addresses - Addresses get saved as a customer address when they are used on sales orders. They can also be manually added, edited, and deleted. Optionally, you can set an address as the primary billing or shipping address (or both) and this address will then autofill on those fields when a sales order is assigned to the customer.
- Saved Credit Cards - A credit card is added to a customer account when it’s used on a sales order and the “Save card” option is selected. A customer can have multiple saved cards. Credit cards are saved as a reusable "token" only. Cohub tenants do not have access to their customers' credit card information, beyond being able to see what type of card it is and the last four digits of the account number.
- Negotiated Pricing - A customer can be eligible for special pricing that is specific to them, or they can receive discounts for being part of a particular group. Learn about all the ways to price products for customers here.
- Stats - Here you can view the overall statistics for a customer, broken down by year. The items they ordered, how many of each they purchased, the total revenue, and their average order total for each year.
- Documents - Saved documents related to the customer. Could be a tax exemption certificate, a credit application, or any other document you may need to reference for their account.
- First and Last Name
- Company Name
- Email - The default email address where all system-generated correspondence will be sent (order receipts, shipment tracking, order updates, etc.)
- Additional Email Addresses - Here you can enter additional emails if there is more than one address that should receive the above mentioned correspondence.
- Phone Number
- Edit the customer's password, or set a temporary password for them if they cannot access their account.
- Tax exempt - Check this box if the customer has tax exemption status, and sales orders will on this account automatically calculate tax as $0.00
- GSA - Box should be checked if the customer is eligible for your company's federal government sales (GSA) contract pricing.
- Negotiated Pricing - Enables the negotiated pricing, if any has been added to the account.
- Marketing allowed - Allows the customer to opt in and out of marketing email correspondence
- Free shipping - Check this box if the customer receives free shipping at any certain dollar amount
- Free shipping minimum - The minimum dollar amount for free shipping on a sales order for this customer. Shipping will be automatically calculated as $0.00 (for shipping methods with free shipping enabled) when this dollar amount is reached.
- Invoice eligible - Denotes when a customer has been approved and set up for invoicing terms, and adds "invoice" as an available payment method when completing sales orders
- Email invoice - Box to be checked if the customer wishes to receive invoices via email as opposed to physical mail
- Invoice email address(es) - Where the emailed invoices should be sent
- Past due - Check this box when a customer is past due on bill payments
- Past Due Since - Select the date that the account went delinquent
- Pricing Group - If you have Group Negotiated pricing set up (learn more here), the customer can be assigned to one of these groups at this point
- Organization - Some companies will have different customer accounts for different departments/contacts. You can assign multiple customer accounts to that organization/company
- Tags - Tags are user-defined and are used to group Customers by type, market segment, or any other grouping that works for your business. They are also included in the exportable Customer report.
- Referral type - How the customer was referred to your company, for marketing/research purposes.
- Referral details - Additional details on the above, when applicable
- Carrier - Here you can store a customer's personal Shipping Carrier account information, so you can bill shipping third party to this account on sales orders. Select the Carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc) here.
- Carrier account - The customer's account number for the Carrier selected previously